TONMOCON II -- taking shape!

Anyone driving down and needing an overnight stop north of Atlanta (just off I85 in Gainesville, GA). I have room for several. I am still trying to get Neal to commit but I expect we will drive down, leaving here on the 22nd.

I've booked all my travel! Planning on spending the afternoon of June 23rd at the aquarium, and I plan to have dinner / drinks with many of you at some to-be-determined venue. Sunday is dedicated to presentations and events at MOTE; exact agenda TBD but things are coming along.

anyone planning on possibly visiting the east coast before or after the con should let me know, i'd love to show ppl around the beaches and possibly look for creatures during tides and things like that, maybe looking for some coins a bit south of me. i live just south of cape canaveral. man am i happy i live so close to this con, new college student lifestyles usually dont include travel benefits, lol.

Jess and I plan on being down there for the week. She wants to make a quick trip to Disney/Seaworld. Anybody have a confirmed, place to stay yet? I hope to be making final plans in about 3 weeks, when my income tax comes back!!! :smile:

I sent Erich a list of some places on Lido Beach , just south of Mote, with their web pages and prices, etc. I looked for the best prices close to Mote, and also tried to find places with kitchenettes so they would be family friendly (cereal and juice at the motel beats breakfast in a restaurant) that weren't rented by the week or the month.

And here they are!

Here are some of the ones I found. I'm looking for places on the ocean side, not on the city side of Sarasota Bay. These spots are all within a couple of miles of Mote, and all are reasonably priced There are plenty of Higher priced options availabel too. Should I post some of those?

All of these are close together, so it should be easy for people to get together.

Welcome to Beau Lido Suites
1 3/8 miles from Mote, daily rates from $55

lidovacationrentals.com
1 3/4 miles NIghtly frim $55 to $156 for an apartment that sleeps 6

http://www.coquinaonthebeach.com/guestrooms.php
1.71 miles from Mote rates from $ 99 needs to be confirmed

Surf View Motel no website 1.76 miles from Mote...from $55...some rooms with kitchenette
on the beach Tel: (800)833-1818 or (941)388-1818

Hi Erich,

Via the Herald-Tribune, the story of a very special Mote benefactor.

Kindergartner Eme Wuthrich -- who has informed Mote President and CEO Dr. Kumar Mahadevan in writing that "I will someday steal your job" -- was among the first to step up with financial contributions after last year's catastrophic fire at Mote's Aquaculture Park.

Less than two months after the July 20 blaze caused roughly $3 million in damages, Eme presented Mote with $150 she had raised from the sales of her paintings and drawings.

[edit]

An Animal Planet junkie and aspiring marine biologist since she was 3, Eme is still coping with the aftershock of the giant squid documentary that rattled her several years ago.

"I thought a squid was going to come out of my bathtub," she recalls. "I thought a squid was going to come out of my toilet. I thought a squid was going to come out of my sink. Everywhere there was water, I thought there was a squid.
What a cool kid.

Cheers,
Clem

erich orser;85295 said:
.... still looking to nail-down James B. Wood, the goodly Dr. SOS (who knows, but maybe if he can - administration work sucks like an architeuthis sucker - but we all know he'd like to and will understand if he can't....

I'll be there. Wifey will be on the other coast.

Anyone want to share a room? I hate travel!

Thales;90845 said:
Ok - we have to have a Neil Diamond party on Saturday night. Come dressed as your favorite Neil Diamond character!

:confused: :yuck:

Take many pics for those of us stuck in the office.............pics from the above suggested shindig, would be good blackmail material I'd imagine :twisted: :sagrin:

J

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back