[From the Admin] TONMO Website Changelog

Due (primarily) to the serious "log4j" global security issue (see this report for info), our Search feature is now limited to members who are also Supporters. This is something I've been weighing and have experimented with in the past, but this latest exploit compels action.

Supporters enjoy ad-free browsing across TONMO, and other perks, most notably (now), the ability to search our 20-year history of content directly from our forums. You can upgrade your account here.

Supporters enjoy ad-free browsing across TONMO, and other perks, most notably (now), the ability to search our 20-year history of content directly from our forums. You can upgrade your account here.
This feature has been restored as we have secured our server (and there are extended impacts to tamping Search for registered members that I did not see at first)....

That said, I still encourage your support through our Supporters program! :heee:

Hello TONMOers -- this Friday, 2/25, we will experience a few hours of downtime as we make some major changes to our backend systems. Simply positioning ourselves for the next 20+ years :smile: -- thank you in advance for your patience. :boat:

You'll notice some shifts in our site navigation, as shown here in Desktop mode:

1645972301327.png

As noted, more to come!

Help the community see what's most important in cephalopod news - all registered TONMO members can now vote for your favorite news stories in the octobot news desk:

1674512140022.png

and if you like, you can change the default view of the list of threads in the forum to see top voted news stories:

1674512299401.png

Or, just hit the "Popular" sub-menu - and you can also see your own voted items:

1674512703390.png

As indicated in the top photo, you can also downvote any news stories that don't meet your approval.

More to come! :octopus:

Some layout updates to share; these updates are designed to streamline access to content in more logical places:
- the main body of TONMO's Homepage now shows Featured threads (top 3), latest / new posts (including replies), and new threads
- The full list of Forums now have a dedicated tab, next to the new Home tab.

We'll continue to evaluate our 23+ years of content to ensure we're enabling you with the improved means for content discovery. Feedback is welcome as always, either here in this thread, or contact me directly -- I'd love to exchange ideas. Thank you!

Last edited:
NEW: I'm experimenting turning advertising OFF for all registered users (not just Supporters, but please, do still consider becoming a Supporter, for the additional perks (and will be adding more), plus most importantly, support for this wonderful community, turning 24 years old this Memorial Day weekend :heee:)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back