TONMO.com's 15th Anniversary!

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
:party:

Fifteen years ago today I created TONMO.com: The Octopus News Magazine Online, as a destination website for anyone and everyone interested in learning more about cephalopods.

In the years since, we've amassed over 10k members who have posted 191k messages in over 17k threads. With few exceptions, every one of those threads is about cephalopods. That's a lot of cephy content! Plus, nearly 100 articles have been contributed over the years, and countless photos in our gallery and forums.

THANK YOU to each and every one of our contributing members! You are what makes TONMO what it is. I'd clink your glass in a mutual toast if I could.... maybe at #tcon6?

To the next 15! :glass:

I missed the first 5 years (lurked for awhile before joining) but have worked hard to make up for it :wink: and continue to have an amazing time learning and sharing ceph information. It is so cool to see cephs in everyday news and the amount of cephy things one can purchase. In 2006, if you typed, "octopus" on eBay you might see 3 pages of mixed items today there are over 50 pages (51,532 items and eBay is not longer THE place to look for the unusual).

Over a bit more than TONMO's half life, I've survived 3 major software changes (and got to help a little with 2 and wonder how Tony does it all in his "spare" time), suffered the loss of two young staff members (and a few supporters), had the pleasure of meeting many of our team both at TONMOcon and in minicons and watched biologists become foot noted Doctors in the cepha arena.

Happy Birthday TONMO:band:! I am looking forward to the seeing what happens next as our internet and personal relationships evolve.

latest

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back