TONMO Changes, August 2014

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
Hey everyone, good news! We've improved a few things here on TONMO:
  • As promised, TONMO is now Secure! Note https in your browser's URL window. :police:

• Upgraded our Gallery software. (several bug fixes and design enhancements) :octorun:
  • Upgraded our Live Chat room. (improved performance and bug fixes, also added the chat room side-bar to the Forum listings page) :talker:
  • Upgraded Site Search (performance enhancements, better results).
  • Upgraded our tables feature (basically, it now supports horizontal scrolling :smile:)
  • ...plus a few other back-office enhancements.
And this is just my first day of staycation! :heee:

More stuff (as of this morning, 9/14/14):
  • Location: New members must provide Location information as part of registration (if you're already a member and haven't provided this, please update your profile!)
  • Replies and Quotes: Highlighting text from a post instantly provides the option to Reply to that post and quote the highlighted text (give it a try, you'll get it). In fact, this can be applied to multiple posts, across multiple threads. (Note the new "Insert Quotes" button under the Reply box)
  • Profile Posts and Status updates... you can now Like and Comment profile posts... Kind of like a Facebook wall kind of thing. You can see latest Profile Posts on the right margin of the homepage and most forum pages.
  • User Titles: the "Ranks" system is now based on number of Messages (as it used to be), vs. Trophy Points. So this thread is relevant again! :mrgreen:
  • Online Now indicator: when viewing a thread, you'll be able to see whether a user is Online Now based on whether there's a green indicator on their avatar. Example:
upload_2014-9-14_9-50-1.png

There are probably a few other enhancements but these are the ones that I think are standing out... :thumbsup:

I'm so glad to see that location is now required! That will make things easier for us.
Any chance of having the capability of viewing the most recent post first (reverse order)? Or do we already have this feature?
Nancy

I was going to ask if you would be implementing the new highlight and quote feature :thumbsup:. I will play with it a bit and add the info to the tips and tricks thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back