[Octopus]: Today I made the leap.

Okay. Tomorrow is the day. The lid is secured. I am proofing the overflow... I know I'm late.
I'm sitting at
0ppm ammonia
0ppm nitrite
7.5 ppm nitrate
77 degrees
1.027 salinity.

Anything I should change before we go? I was thinking about doing a 15% water change. Maybe lowering the salinity a hair?

I got an email last night from liveaquaria stating it would not be shipped. Apparently the animals health declined. Back to the search. I'm about to buy this mimic and be done with it...

It's here. It's in the tank. It is small enough to treat every crevice as a cave, so all my caving was in vain! Lol. I have no idea what it is yet. Here is the only pic I have so far...
FB_IMG_1494971453335.jpg

So it's long arms and small. That's about all I know so far. It's small enough to fit between every rock in my tank (making all my caving irrelevant). The real interesting part is that I made my caving and rock base out of PVC. It has a large doube opening that hooks to the stand up 3/4" pipe. He goes into the double cave and into the hole in the pipe, all the way to the top and out of the rock work on the other end. So he lives at either end of a piece of PVC currently. He ate some shrimp from a stick last night!

So today it took a piece of shrimp from me all the way back through its tunnel and left the shrimp outside the other end. Is he saving it for later or discarding it? Do I need to find a new food source?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back