• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Thomas Jr Comes Out For His Evening Stroll

Black96WS6

GPO
Registered
Thomas Jr nonchalantly hanging out on a rock casually watching the living room activities, who knows for how long?:
ThomasJr_June32006a.jpg

I pulled out some of his toys. His favorite seems to be the green block. Here you can see him squeezing through a small space, and extending his arms to try and get to it:
ThomasJr_June32006b.jpg

Here he is extending his arms to try and grab the ferret toy:
ThomasJr_June32006c.jpg

Here he is trying to get at the green block again:
ThomasJr_June32006d.jpg

Ditto on this one:
ThomasJr_June32006e.jpg

Thomas Jr hanging out in his pvc pipe:
ThomasJr_June32006f.jpg

Thomas Jr's adventures continue as he heads for the back of the tank to explore! What strange crabs lurk behind the rocks? Who knows?:
ThomasJr_June32006g.jpg

A relieved tank inhabitant continues his foraging:
ThomasJr_June32006h.jpg

cuttlegirl said:
Have you let him have the green block in the tank with him??? He's saying "Please..."

Keeping it within sight but out of reach is the first step toward breaking Thomas Jr. Then and only then can he be re-educated and sent to do his master's bidding.

Dan

I actually haven't placed any of the toys in the tank yet, I am working on training him to come to the top of the tank for food, once he gets a little bigger he can have some of the smaller ones. He's so small I'm worried he will take it back under some crevice and I'll have to tear the rock formations apart to get it back out! :smile:

DHyslop said:
Keeping it within sight but out of reach is the first step toward breaking Thomas Jr. Then and only then can he be re-educated and sent to do his master's bidding.

Dan
LOL :mrgreen:

I have to agree with Sorceress on this one... pets usually train us. Now this technique
Originally posted by DHyslop

Can be applied to men, however :sagrin:

I hate to use this word with octos, but I have to admit that Thomas Jr. is really....cute!

What wonderful eyes he has!

That's an interesting approach, to show him the toys but not let him have them. By the time he gets them, he'll be really excited!

Please keep posting Thomas Jr.'s updates and pics.

Nancy

I have to agree with Sorceress on this one... pets usually train us. Now this technique

Quote:
Originally posted by DHyslop

Can be applied to men, however

:roflmao: So that's the secret, huh? :mrgreen:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back