• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

This time im thinking oficilias

Getting a temp that high won't really mean you'll get as much out of them as you would do at a lower temp, meaning that you'd probably get the same interaction from bandies as the offs wouldn't be ideal and wouldn't las t as long.

I used to max my tanks at 15 C for Offs and they all did fine and lasted for a long long time!

Most of the adults which came in were gravid females so they didn't last too long but the captive bred young we would keep for around a year before they would move off to another centre where they could usually get another couple of years out of them. They could also be induced to breed by altering temperature and lighting periods.

I'll have a look back through my records to get you a more accurate figure. I've moved companies now to a large marine wholesaler so i'll have to see what I can come up with!

~A