This teuth enthusiast just got an early Christmas present!

kariann

Blue Ring
Registered
Hello All!
I am new here and am so happy to have come across this site! I have had an unusual obsession with cephs, mainly the squids, for several years now. Unfortunately, my fascination has often gone unmatched among my peers. I was in high school in 2004 and when Dr. Kubadera photographed the famous giant alive for the first time. I hung the news article in my locker. :smile: Early on I wanted to have a "pet squid" but with preliminary research I discovered that that is absolutely impossible. Since then, I have adopted the opinion that I would never want to keep a ceph in captivity. I am just a huge enthusiast that is starving for more information about these absolutely wonderful animals. I have always said if I had a "next life" I would dedicate my life to teuthology. I have been a huge Steve O'Shea :oshea: fan for a while now, and I love that many of his articles can be found here. Thank you TONMO for having such a site available. I can now live out my dream of following ceph news and research. I already have an established career, which I do enjoy, but now being a part of this community I can subside some of my guilt from not choosing marine biology as a career. I am just so happy to be here and look forward to getting to know some of you more!

One last word before I sign off on this post: I have nothing against other cephs, and I still find them absolutely fascinating, I don't know what it is, maybe the ellusiveness, but the squids in particular, are my absolute favorite of all the cephs. :squid::squid::squid:

Welcome to TONMO! I was elated to stumble upon this sight too (& a bit perplexed that I hadn't done so earlier)! Octopuses do it for me, but I've always liked squid & cuttlefish as well. Maybe after reading some of the member's posts, you too will be inspired to open your home to a ceph...happy reading!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back