[Octopus]: Thing1 and Thing2 - O. minor

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
:-/ sorry D. Appreciate you taking this from supermarket to home! Any ideas what went wrong?

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
I checked on Thing2 throughout most of the night. At about 6:30 AM he had passed away. I won't say anything "went wrong" because trying this with even a tiny amount of hope for success requires an extremely robust individual animal AND a lot of luck. The conditions of their shipping (excessively cold water and overcrowded, unaerated containers), leaves little hope for success. I knew this going in but have to admit to a bit of hope when Thing2 colored up so much better than Thing1 and that I had picked them up on the day they were flown into the facility. I am not sure if I will try again but my experiment with the abalone took a couple of tries so I may try to find out when their next shipment is expected.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Sadly, I don't know. My only thought is to try to get one of the smallest animals (with the hope it means younger -- something we know is not guaranteed) to see if it might be slightly more robust than an adult.

Latest Posts