The Temple

I was always a little put off by Lovecraft's racism, though not enough to throw his books across the room, as I have done with Heinlein's.

Animal Mother;123771 said:
Dunedin... what a coincidence.

Heh, I work in the NZ :kiwiflag: Ministryof Fisheries and I occasionally suggest that our maps (for instance www.nabis.govt.nz) should have the probable location of R'Lyeh on them, possibly indicating it as a "Do not bottom trawl here" area :sink:. So far though it's only gotten me blank looks.

Since deep ones are very present in Innsmouth, which is in the Atlantic, I suppose it's fair to assume that they are everywhere Erich, and all probably worship Dagon. Maybe he travels the sea bottom playing gigs, as it were, to his subjects?

Off on another tangent... Does anyone ever wonder if the writers for Doctor Who were ever fans of Lovecraft? The Sea Devils and Silurians being a prime example.

Let's see, two great prehistoric civilisations that disappeared under water during a great catastrophe only to find out that the Earth has been populated by humans... and now they want their planet back... Coincidence? (OK, technically the Serpent People were Ashton Smith's invention but still).

sorseress;124261 said:
I would like to be a mouse in the corner for that!

would you settle for a "rat in the wall" in keeping with the HPL theme?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back