The Squid and the Whale

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
My wife was on her lunch break and called to let me know that while checking out a special effects/animation trade magazine, she came across what appears to be an animated film going into production called "The Squid and the Whale" from Peter Newman Prods./Conway Films. No other information was available, and we are not familiar with either company, so it looks like a small production, but thought I'd give a quick heads-up to the ceph community.

Erich :whalevsa:

Rebecca told me that it was a trade publication called Below the Line. She also mentioned the address www.btl.com (or perhaps www.BTL.com) but I haven't been able to locate it yet. I think there's more than one company using that name. Maybe she can bring the copy home from work with her.

I certainly hope this isn't some aquatic variant of The Fox and the Hound: beloved friends as children, bitter enemies as adults, etc. "But Squiddy, Mama says we can't play together anymore!" If it's a musical, I certainly hope there's a scene with an Archi tap-dancing...

Glub! :wink:

BOOO!

Live-action family drama. Not a film featuring Architeuthis Vs. Sperm Whale, except in concept. No tap-dancing Architeuthis. It's a story about NY-based writers starring Laura Linney and Jeff Daniels. Admire their work, wish it were about cephs. Darn! Sorry if I got anybody's hopes up, particularly Greg.

Erich :sad:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back