The only place where I don't feel like an enormous geek.

Okay, so I still do feel like a geek, but maybe not such an enormous one.

And I'm not really new. I've been getting the (now sadly defunct) newsletter for ages but I suppose I'll try my hand at this "posting" thing.

Does anyone else have friends or significant others who just don't GET the whole ceph thing or are completely bored by it? Ah well.

Whenever I get my first octo, I'm naming it Tonmo because that's awesome.

Re: The only place where I don't feel like an enormous geek.

octosquink said:
Does anyone else have friends or significant others who just don't GET the whole ceph thing or are completely bored by it?
Hello Octosquink,

I share your pain. Apart from a few friends and family, the only other party to humor me has been a psychoanalyst. And I was paying him.

:welcome:

Clem

Dont feel discouraged...when youre here, youre far from being the the biggest geek :smile: dont worry about the thoughts of others.... my partner in crime, who just graduated with a degree in bio still doesnt get my thing with cephalopods, even if i am nominally a history major....

she does have a plush architeuthis so i figure theres hope for her.....

As for octo names, i hear "Kiboko" is a cool name.....

:biggrin2: :biggrin2:

welcome to tonmo ! I must have lucked out...my wife digs octos big time !
good luck finding a shoulder to lean on...remember, we are always here ! :biggrin2:
greg

Yo Octosquink :welcome:
Noun: geek geek - label given by soap opera fans to anyone they find with an interest other than shrinkage of the encephalon.

Variety is the spice of life & therefore geeks (as well as worms) are the spice.
There's nothing more diverse than geeks. There's even Roger Whittaker geeks !

geeks rock & I'm a rock geek :ammonite:

Re: The only place where I don't feel like an enormous geek.

octosquink said:
And I'm not really new. I've been getting the (now sadly defunct) newsletter for ages but I suppose I'll try my hand at this "posting" thing.
Yes, sadly defunct indeed. I'm sorry to have spread sorrow... The Newsletter was a lot of fun, and I was surprised to see I had been doing it for over 3 years!! That's a lot of octobabble. :talker:

But if closing the newsletter got you to come to the forums and post, then that's a good thing in my book! Welcome!!

:welcome:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back