• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Test wrong?

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Hmmm..strange..My test kit supposibly says tat there is zero nitratesin my water. Is this possible with it being cycled for a month and a half?

Unlikely that it is already cycled...sorry...it may actually be going slower...you also might want to take some water to a good lfs and see if they get the same result, it is possible for test kits to go bad.

greg

As I recall, you're rather far from any LFS. You could check this by buying another test kit, maybe another brand. This is an important result, so it's worth the extra effort. (I now keep ways of double checking all my parameters, including different test kits).

Nancy

Ok thanks. There is a fish store with 4 saltwater tanks and i will take some of it there. I can also buy shrimp from them i think :hmm:

1 more question. Is there any kind of device that can monitor my tank parameters?

Yes, there are such monitors. I have a pH monitor that gives a continuous readout and I like that very much. It costs about $85 and you have to calibrate it with fluid every month. There is also a salinity monitor available. There are montitors for the other parameters but I believe those are much more expensive.

Glad you do have a store not too far away.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back