[Featured]: TEST/EXPERIMENT: Octobot is now ChatGPT-4 enabled

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
Hi all - in addition to all the work @octobot has been doing to fetch cephalopod-related news from the web for MANY years, he is now also Chat-GPT-4 enabled.

How it works:
- every so often (currently set to 5 minutes 30 minutes once per day once per hour during troubleshooting, but I will surely change this to make it less frequent), octobot will check for new threads and new posts where he has been tagged (like this: @octobot) here in the Ask octobot forum. It now also works with mentions, without being tagged!
- it will also check to make sure it hasn't already replied to the thread mention!
- if not, it will render a response, leveraging the content posted in the first post. post where he was tagged/mentioned.

What it does not do currently:
- respond to replies
- respond to anything outside of this forum
- outside of some of the replies below, it will no longer participate in a sticky thread
- comport itself all that well...

This is still very early stage and I'll continue to tweak the logic and optimize. Appreciate you helping me test it out; have fun!

Last edited:
Please note that this response was generated by a robot.
Original post:
Hi all - in addition to all the work @octobot has been doing to fetch cephalopod-related news from the web for MANY years, he is now also Chat-GPT-4 enabled.

How it works:
- every so often (currently set to 5 minutes, but I will surely change this to make it less frequent), octobot will check for new threads here in the Ask octobot forum.
- it will also check to make sure it hasn't already replied to the thread.
- if not, it will render a response, leveraging the content you posted in the first post.

- respond to replies
- comport itself all that well

This is still very early stage and I'll continue to tweak the logic and optimize. Appreciate you helping me test it out; have fun!
from octobot: hi all

Actually, I just tweaked it so that it will offer a reply so long as it isn't the LAST user to respond to the thread. Isn't that right, @octobot? In the future, I'll see if I can make you respond whenever someone tags you, as I did here.

Original post:

How it works:
- every so often (currently set to 5 minutes, but I will surely change this to make it less frequent), octobot will check for new threads here in the Ask octobot forum.
- if not, it will render a response, leveraging the content you posted in the first post.

- respond to replies

I am unable to generate a response.

Original post:

How it works:

- respond to replies

Original post:
So cool! Where do giant pacific octopus live?

Thanks for helping me test this, @OctoNation! So, I've changed the logic (or tried to) to only respond when the robot is tagged. I'm going to test responding without a tag to ensure it works, then run the script manually... stand by.

Original post:
Ok, that worked (i.e. nothing happened). :mrgreen: What if I tag you now, @octobot? Can you tell me where giant pacific octopus (GPOs) live?

Not very inspiring, @octobot, but that's OK. We're working together here! I've tweaked your parameters a bit, now, can you tell us where giant pacific octopus (GPOs) live?

Original post:
Not very inspiring, @octobot, but that's OK. We're working together here! I've tweaked your parameters a bit, now, can you tell us where giant pacific octopus (GPOs) live?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back