Tentacles - Monterey Bay Aquarium (MBARI) Exhibit

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
The Veined Octopus: The Original RVer?

Published on Jun 24, 2014
The veined or "coconut" octopus will pick up anything at its disposal to make a home on the road. This includes old cans, bottles, boots, shells and yes—coconuts. The veined octopus (Amphioctopus marginatus) is found in Indo-Pacific waters, has a fist-sized body and lives to be a year old. Common prey items include crustaceans and small fishes.

GPO87

Sepia elegans
Staff member
I had an amazing time at Tentacles! Here's a few shots from my journey through ceph-ness!

Attachments

• 147.JPG
    147.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 209
  • 157.JPG
    157.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 185
  • 183.JPG
    183.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 191
  • 233.JPG
    233.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 180
Hey D,

How are you? I just wanted to keep you up to date on some more video releases/publications. The first link is to a bit I did for ScienceFriday that aired last week and the radio portion this morning. I hope you like it! http://www.sciencefriday.com/video/06/20/2014/caring-for-cuttlefish.html

The second link is to a book that I co-authored. It was just published in Advances in Marine Biology two weeks ago. I was the primary author on three sections in the "cephalopod culture" portion of the book. There was many scientists and researchers contribution on this project and the final product is quite extensive. I forgot where to add publications/see other TONMO member publications. Can you remind me where that section is and/or maybe add this pub to my account? Thanks so much for your continued support! You can erase this message after you've read it. Thanks so much.
http://store.elsevier.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780128002872&_requestid=381870

bg

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
@Bret Grasse MBA , I saw the Science Friday 4 video collection on Friday and posted your piece to your publications (and shared the full set on Facebook). I added the new book (the cost is over my meager budget for books I'm afraid) to your list here (it is in the same forum, Octopuses Den, as this one and is a highlighted in yellow at the top of the forum should you want to see/find it but posting here or in a message to me works well enough. Congradulations on the publication!

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member