• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Tank Turnover for Bimac

MFish

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Having a reef, I'm used to 35x turnover for corals. I know octos don't need as much, but what is acceptable? 12x? 10x?

I need to know so I can get a pump for the wet-dry I'm building [manufactured ones are cheap and innefficient for the amount of space they take up]

Thanks
Mike

You only need enough flow so there's not dead spots in the tank. On my 75 I have about 350 gph after head loss. I'm tempted to upgrade a bit to keep a little more detritus entrained so it makes it to the filter sock and not the tank floor.

Dan

I am doing 9-10x, but most people do less. The big thing is oxygen (skimmer + wet/dry do fine) in the water and the amount of bio-waste the filter can process.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back