• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Tank Specs for bimac

• Thread starter Deleted member 14033
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 14033

Tank is 60 Gallon, 48×24
Filtration runs Bio media, Carbon, and Filter floss.
Filtration turns the tank over 5.5 Times per Hour. With Protein skimmer And power heads Octopus safe currents. I have kept a few Octopus in this one. But They usually end up Staying small so I transfer Them to one of My other Tanks.
Occupants are some soft Octopus friendly Corals.
Gorgonians, Clove, and Mushroom. I keep a couple Fish in there to keep a Bioload but move Them To other Tanks when an Octopus enters.
Clean up crew consists of Hermits, Snails, and Starfish/Brittle Star.
Water parameters keep perfect

D

Deleted member 14033

Give Me a little while and I will make the purchase. I was inquiring now

D

Deleted member 14033

Do You plan on getting more by any chance? Just in case I miss out

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Tank sounds good but what are your temperature ranges? A bimac needs a tank that is kept below 70 degrees (low 60's preferred but can tolerate high 60's with occasional low 70's).