• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Tank Size for six S. bandensis

Nippel

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Hello,

what would you say, is a 55g tank to small for 6 cuttles or would that be enogh?

I've red that it's recommend to use a 75g tank for 6 of the cuttles. I ask because of the tank propotions, i like a 24x24x24" square tank. If that is to small I take a 30x19x24" tank or something like that. That would not be the problem.

I had three cuttlefish in a 55 gallon. I would say that three would be the maximum in a 55 gallon tank unless you had one male and 5 females. The males need room to display at each other and sometimes fight. I had two males and one female.

I have 6 baby cuttles now in a very small 30g Tank. Its only for a short time from now.

I move house this summer and at the new city I'll have a bigger tank. Untill now it's not possible to define gender so i don't know how much males I have.

Mhh. Okay then I'll look for 75g or bigger. It's also a question about the price, I'm a poor student^^

Thanks for your help.

Nippel;136822 said:
I have 6 baby cuttles now in a very small 30g Tank. Its only for a short time from now.

I move house this summer and at the new city I'll have a bigger tank. Untill now it's not possible to define gender so i don't know how much males I have.

Mhh. Okay then I'll look for 75g or bigger. It's also a question about the price, I'm a poor student^^

Thanks for your help.

Can you look for a used reef tank that is for sale? That's how I got my 55 gallon. Since it had live coral, I wasn't so worried about the copper issue. And since it had live rock/coral, I only had a mini-cycle when I moved it to my house. The majority of the cost from the cuttles is keeping them fed - but you already know that... :biggrin2:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back