• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Tank size and temp for O. briareus (was "Question")

I personally think the shells should be removed. Better safe than sorry. Powerheads shouldn't be a problem as long as they are secured. The intakes should be covered with sponge, and you might glue them on so they can't be pulled off.

I wouldn't glue them until you get your octopus and he is overly-curious about them. If you ever need to take it apart it will be difficult to take the glued piece off. Glue to use would be super glue gel, I know I'm going to spell this wrong, cyanoacryllite. If you glue take powerhead and intake tube out of water, put glue on one end, hold it for 30 seconds to a minute, then dip in it water which will make the glue form a "shell" a speed the hardening process. Hold it for a minute or two in the water (just wait til you think it's hardened enough to hold itself, then place the powerhead where you want. I would wait at least a half hour before turning the powerhead on after gluing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjh1951

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak