Tall, beautiful, blue, and tentacled too!

Haha!
I have found that picture, and I know exactly why you mentioned it!
I have saved it, ready for posting, but don't know if I am allowed...there are trousers unfastened and at a lower level than normally worn... :!:

Please Advise!

Anyway, I preferred him in Robin Hood, prince of ridiculous haircuts, totally stole the film, an excellent Sheriff of Nottingham, even Phil may agree with me for once.

Moog
Temporarily in Chicago

WhiteKiboko said:
yup, he is the die hard villian.... if tani is so interested in the lower half of mister rickman, you should see if you can find a picture from the beginning half of Dogma.... :smile:

:cthulhu: :heart: :beer:

Tony: :roflmao: Good one! Sadistic, but funny.

Kiboko: Nice try Big Guy, but I saw DOGMA and you're not fooling me one bit! "Anatomically incorrect as a Ken doll," indeed!

http://www.chantico.com/alanrickman/films/dogma.shtml

(scroll down to fifth picture)

There is, however, something to be said for a 10 ft. wingspan....

:mrgreen:

WhiteKiboko said:
yup, he is the die hard villian.... if tani is so interested in the lower half of mister rickman, you should see if you can find a picture from the beginning half of Dogma.... :smile:

SNOOTCH TO THE NOOTCH, BONG!

:heee:

Er... or maybe Professor Snape? :mrgreen:

Sushi, Sake, and a Mooby-Size drink, (and a Chocolate frog for dessert)

Silent John :sly:

Fujisawas Sake said:
Er... or maybe Professor Snape? :mrgreen:

Sushi, Sake, and a Mooby-Size drink, (and a Chocolate frog for dessert)

Silent John :sly:

Mmmmm, Sexy Severus.... :heart: As a matter of fact, HP/SS was the film that got me started on the whole AR thing. The moment he strode like a panther into Potions Class and began that now-famous monologue ("There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations...."), I was hooked. No one else -- with the exception of Bela Lugosi -- could wear those flowing black robes and cape, and appear as though he'd been born in them. Add to that Alan's incomparable voice, penetrating eyes, seductively sinister curled lip, and hypnotically graceful hands, and you've got Gothic Droolbait With A Vengeance. :wink:

http://yacht.zamok.net/DV/Potter/Posters/Snape/snape_elb.jpg

At first I thought I was the only one -- then I did a netsearch and discovered literally thousands of other female (and several male) Rickmaniacs on the web. And BTW if you think I'm a Rickman bore, you oughta hear some of those groupies gushing! (One, for example, had a sig that said, "God spent just a little more time on ALAN RICKMAN" [emphasis hers])

Now one of my ongoing "projects" is to see every film Alan ever made, including the crappy ones (e.g., MESMER was reputed to be particularly atrocious). I even rented and sat through DIEHARD for him, which is saying a lot considering my opinion of Bruce Willis (see under the "Tall, Beautiful, Blue...." thread). I found out Alan even did a guest voiceover on an episode of KING OF THE HILL about a Renaissance Faire -- I caught just the last few minutes of it, and am now kicking myself because as far as I know they haven't re-run it yet.

BTW, Steve-O', I trust that the above is an adequate response to your earlier query. ("Is this the infamous Alan Rickman that we keep hearing about??"). Now, aren't you sorry you asked? :P

Happy Triskaidekaphobia Day,
Tani Rickmani

TaningiaDanae said:
with the exception of Bela Lugosi -- could wear those flowing black robes and cape, and appear as though he'd been born in them.

if you start claiming to be a fan of 'plan 9 from outer space' i might have to condemn you to your own cyber hottub.... :smile:

WhiteKiboko said:
if you start claiming to be a fan of 'plan 9 from outer space' i might have to condemn you to your own cyber hottub.... :smile:

[TD obligingly climbs into Solitary Confinement Jacuzzi]

Ahem.... as a matter of fact, Edward D. Wood was a true cinematic genius. Unfortunately, nobody knew it except Edward D. Wood.

PLAN 9 was a hoot, but EDW's real masterpiece was the lesser-known GLEN OR GLENDA, the touching story of a man, a woman, and a fluffy angora sweater. It opens with Bela delivering a gripping and completely incomprehensible monologue, against a background of stampeding something-or-other (buffalos? horses? axolotls? I don't remember). In GOG, of course, Bela was really played by Bela, as opposed to PLAN 9 where he died before the film was completed, so they replaced him with a guy who was a full head taller and had a different hair color. (Artistic license?)

Also recommended is the biopic ED WOOD -- with Johnny Depp at his quirky best -- based on the book NIGHTMARE OF ECSTASY, which is absolutely amazing. The really freaky thing is that when you see ED WOOD, you think, "Naah, this has got to be exaggerated." Then you read the book and realize that in fact Wood and his entourage were even wilder and weirder than in the Depp film.

"Pool dee string! Pool dee string!"

:mrgreen:

Ahhhhhhhhh Johnny Depp, there is a man I can get a little crazy about. Senor Rickman does have that mezmerizing voice, but I would venture to state IMHO that Mr Depp has far better taste in the films he chooses to appear in (with the very possible exception of that soon to be released pirate movie) and all sorts of charm. Sorry this is a bit off topic, but I get a little excited when I hear his name
*sigh*
:heart:

Tani, I foresee movie nights for us featuring Ed Wood, other kitschy monster movies and the cocktails of your choice! Even if that's Lithographette's Zima! Attack of the Crab Monsters, featuring the shoes of the people moving the crab monsters, is my idea of Hollywood cinematic excellence. I can't think of many ceph-y movies right now, so I'll rent the Simpsons or Futurama episodes too!

:popcorn: :cthulhu: :beer: :tentacle: :glass:
Join us if you're near NYC!

Melissa

lithographette said:
Ahhhhhhhhh Johnny Depp, there is a man I can get a little crazy about. Senor Rickman does have that mezmerizing voice, but I would venture to state IMHO that Mr Depp has far better taste in the films he chooses to appear in (with the very possible exception of that soon to be released pirate movie) and all sorts of charm. Sorry this is a bit off topic, but I get a little excited when I hear his name
*sigh*
:heart:

Welcome back, Lith --

High Octane Eye Candy, that Johnny Depp! :wink: I never watched 21 JUMP STREET, so the first time I saw him was in EDWARD SCISSORHANDS, which will always be a five-handkerchief movie for me. (I've got a weakness for "misunderstood outsider" films, fact or fiction -- e.g., THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH, THE ELEPHANT MAN, MASK [with Eric Stoltz, not Jim Carrey], BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, POWDER, SPIDERMAN, all the way back to THE BOY WITH THE GREEN HAIR.) IMHO, JD's image is similar to Kyle MacLachlan's -- handsome, noble, well-intentioned, intelligent but naïve, and somehow always alienated from the mainstream.

Regarding JD's choice of films: I don't know whether he's had better luck with that than AR. From what I heard, FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS was pretty stinky. BLOW got mixed reviews -- though oddly enough there was a consensus that :!: :?: Paul Reubens :?: :!: gave an Oscar-worthy performance as "Derek Foreal"! I saw FROM HELL and JD did an excellent job in it, but the film itself was overblown. (Maybe I can't be objective about that, because I get really pissed-off when people blame all the problems of the world on the Freemasons.)

On the other hand, EDWARD SCISSORHANDS, ED WOOD, and SLEEPY HOLLOW were all exceptional! The only negative thing I can say about the latter is that it took an enormous number of liberties with Washington Irving's story -- not the least of which was transforming Ichabod Crane from a dull, homely schoolmaster to a handsome, brilliant constable. Nevertheless, Tim Burton made his broad interpretation of the story work superbly -- and BTW Christopher Walken, without speaking a word, was the scariest damn Headless Horseman I've ever seen.

So yeah, Johnny Depp.... nice! :heart:

Say, I hope we're not driving the guys away with all this fannish drooling.... maybe we'd better take this discussion to the Members-Only Board, before they retaliate by starting their own thread about Milla, Gwyneth, Liv, Halle, Drew, J. Lo, Catherine, Renée, etc.

Melissa said:
Tani, I foresee movie nights for us featuring Ed Wood, other kitschy monster movies and the cocktails of your choice! Even if that's Lithographette's Zima! Attack of the Crab Monsters, featuring the shoes of the people moving the crab monsters, is my idea of Hollywood cinematic excellence. I can't think of many ceph-y movies right now, so I'll rent the Simpsons or Futurama episodes too!

:popcorn: :cthulhu: :beer: :tentacle: :glass:
Join us if you're near NYC!

Melissa

Hey Melissa --

You're on! PM or e-mail me and we'll try to set up another Aquarium trip, dinner, and/or golden turkey cinema nite. I haven't seen CRAB MONSTERS but it definitely sounds awful enough to qualify. (Reminds me of a Japanese flick -- I think it was DESTROY ALL MONSTERS -- that featured a "jumbo shrimp" named Ebirah.)

I never had Zima, but I believe I could handle it. Back in the pre-Cambrian when I was a teen, the drinking age here was 18 and we were all weaned on high-class apéritifs like Boone's Farm Apple Wine and Pagan Pink Ripple (about $1.98 a gallon each). How my liver made it through the late '60s / early '70s, is still one of the great mysteries of the cosmos....

Ditto to Melissa's invite -- if you're a TONMOer in good standing and plan to be in the NYC area, send one or both of us a PM, and if our schedules permit we'll all try to get together for a day.

Squidly salutations,
The Tanster

Destroy All Monsters is a classic.... talking with my dad at dinner one night, he was impressed that boones farm is still around.... given its main demographics, i dont know why he was surprised :smile:

WhiteKiboko said:
Destroy All Monsters is a classic.... talking with my dad at dinner one night, he was impressed that boones farm is still around.... given its main demographics, i dont know why he was surprised :smile:

And, uh, would those demographics just happen to overlap with the subset of JERRY SPRINGER SHOW guests and/or studio audience members?

[Tomorrow on SPRINGER: "My Pet Bimac is an Inbred Crossdressing Nazi Ho"]

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back