Swamped by Google

Architeuthoceras

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
what is going on in the UK today (and yesterday)? I've had more hits on my site today than ever, folks googling "Fossil Cephalopods", my bandwidth is running low. :shock:

I had this on another thread yesterday, moved it to a new thread today because it is happening again.

Quite an upsurge in hits, makes me think some TV show or something has spawned it. :biggrin2: Any Ideas ?

Attachments

• conv_302506.jpg
    conv_302506.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 79
  • conv_302507.jpg
    conv_302507.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 106
Despite being one of our few UK fossily types, I'm afraid I have no explanation Kevin. There have been no TV shows on this week relating to prehistoric marine faunas as far as I know. Although I posted a question about Endoceras on a UK-based science site a couple of days ago, I did not give a link to your site in my question. I've had a look at your site twice this week (I think) so can barely held responsible for this upsurge in traffic. Still, all publicity is good publicity I'd imagine!

It's probably just a completely random thing. Maybe there's a few college dissertations on the way.

Having said that, just you wait, a familiar sounding documentary about ammonoids may yet mysteriously appear on BBC2 in 6 months time...

Architeuthoceras said:
Phil, is this a hypothetical explanation, wishful thinking, a premonition, or do you have some inside information :wink: :cool2:

Er, no, purely hypothetical. I made it up I'm afraid.

I really shouldn't try and be witty after coming back after a night out on the lash. Seven pints of lager and a keyboard rarely mix well together! :beer:

Tintenfisch said:
Yeah, the old forehead prong gets a bit shaky, eh, Phil. :razz:

It does indeed, Kat. I use my Palaeo-Prong in conjunction with my special TONMO moderator keyboard to help me find answers.

Attachments

• conv_288863.png
    conv_288863.png
    221.9 KB · Views: 81
Good Lord Phil - 7 pints of lager and you can still type!:notworth: They obviously make better palaeo prongs down your way than up here.

Not that I need any liquid assistance in triggering the old finger dyslexia - I once managed to fax a customer asking for his bonking details instead of his banking details. :oops:

neuropteris said:
Not that I need any liquid assistance in triggering the old finger dyslexia - I once managed to fax a customer asking for his bonking details instead of his banking details. :oops:

:lol::lol: I hope he didn't reply with details! I know banks do like to keep your personal details, but really....

That reminds me of the time when I confused two phone numbers on a couple of post-it notes and successfully managed to fax the entire office sandwich order off to Maidstone Police Custody. Ooops.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back