Supporters Discussion (was re: Giant Squid vs. 42-Foot Sailboat)

If anyone has been guilty of being pushy about getting people to become supporters, it's been me, not Tony. I'm a firm believer in paying my way, and while I appreciate that there are quite a few people who regularly read and contribute to Tonmo who simply don't have the money to contribute financially, there are lots of others who could afford to but don't. I value Tonmo, and don't think Tony should have to support it financially at all. He is already giving it a massive amount of time and effort, and the benefit to scientists and scholars, as well as budding teuthologists should be obvious. That it has a great deal of value to people like me, who are not scientists, just interested lay persons, is also obvious, because if it didn't have, we wouldn't be here. Bottom line is, if you think Tonmo has any value to you at all, and you can afford $40 a year, then you should pay it. If you can't afford it, and most students probably can't, that's one thing. If you can afford it...(what is it they say on NPR?....it costs about as much a a cup of coffee a day for a month?...)and you're not contributing, then shame on you!
:twocents:

Jean;86856 said:
And when I get a "real" job I'll probably join up

J

Yep, I gotta say, that will be the time I can do it guilt-free. If i don't treat myself to new clothes, new toys or gadgets like real college girls like to do, yeah... you get the idea. some of you guys were starving students at one point too.

But that real job is on the horizon...

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
I want to provide an FYI here that Jean has been anonymously sponsored by a member of our community, receiving a one-year TONMO.com Supporter membership. Congrats Jean, and thank you to the anonymous sponsor!

but I do sacrifice for my squiddies.... I do it in place of the real job.....

and you dont want to know what happened to me at the lab yesterday. but it involved re-starting a siphon.... and the muck at the bottom of a VERY neglected aquarium.

much sputtering and gagging followed

:bonk: :yuck: :cry:

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
I'd like to say thank you thank you thank you to that sponser and I will try my best to be worthy of their support!

Cheers

Jean

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
fluffysquid;86878 said:
but I do sacrifice for my squiddies.... I do it in place of the real job.....

and you dont want to know what happened to me at the lab yesterday. but it involved re-starting a siphon.... and the muck at the bottom of a VERY neglected aquarium.

much sputtering and gagging followed

:bonk: :yuck: :cry:

been there, done that...............that sludge has an ..........erm unique flavour I DO NOT recommend it!

J

Jean;86885 said:
been there, done that...............that sludge has an ..........erm unique flavour I DO NOT recommend it!

J

Awww, come on, don't you think that seaweed-sludge flavor just makes your breath smell soooo good????

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
In addition, I am happy to announce that FluffySquid has also been anonymously sponsored into the TONMO.com Supporters program with a 1-year subscription. Congratulations FluffySquid, and THANK YOU again to another anonymous contributor!

Latest Posts