• You are viewing our Exotics and Rare Species forum. Please review our Forum Guidelines and Cephalopod Care Ethics Statement to ensure you are appraised of the dangers and considerations related to pursuing exotics and rare species as an aquarist. Threads in this forum are not featured on our homepage.
  • Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. To contribute to the discussion, register here, and perhaps Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.

Suppliers

Severine

Cuttlefish
Registered
Hello Tonmo!

Does anyone know of any suppliers and/or facilities that would have a surplus of Euprymna scolopes and Amphioctopus marginatus? I am working on a proposal to include these animals into our collection.

Thanks!

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
@Thales is in India ATM but hopefully he will see the tag and give you a suggestion as the California Academy of Sciences is the only place I can think of that has successfully brought the Coconut Octopus back to the US. For the Bob Tails you will probably need to contact someone in Hawaii but I don't know of a member currently residing there.

Severine

Cuttlefish
Registered
Thank you. That was what I had found out while researching but was hopeful there might be something out there I wasn't aware of. Any help is much appreciated.