• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Sunday Comics

These sheepish octopuses made part of a border around a page with a version of the boy who cried wolf.

Seems Walt Kelly shared our obsession.

Melissa

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
wouldnt that make it a freshwater octo? or do gators do the brackish thing too?

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
It seems ive been lazy (or maybe i could blame the cartoonists)

but heres another

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
tonmo said:
(PS -- I realize Gary Larson has asked that his publications not be reproduced... but this is a one-off, OK methinks)

I've two signed originals on my wall at home .... wonder if I should copy them and place 'em online?

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
heck, auction em online..... you might fund a year or two of research..... if i had any cash, i definitely bid......

Hey! Did you know that the comic Mutts had an *adorable* comic involving a cuttlefish?? :biggrin2:

While the dog and cat were gazing into the water off a dock they were standing on, cat in the spied a cuttlefish in the water. He mentioned to the dog that cuttlefish communicate by altering the color of their bodies. As an experiment, he stuck his head underwater, which turned a few colors due to the fact that he was holding his breath. The cuttlefish then looks aghast, and smacks him across the face with a tentacle, and then swims off. The cat looks at the dog, shrugs, and quips, "...must've been something I said!" :lol:

Dunno if you could access it online, but when I saw that sucker in the Sunday Times, i cut it right out. I can't wait to pin it back up on my dorm room desk, where it belongs. 8)

Later! :heee:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squishy2020

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak