Suggestions for a field guide to the South PAcific-Indonesia? Cephs/ inverts/fish.

DrYak

Hatchling
Registered
Hi all,

I am heading off for about 6 months travel/ diving in Indonesia/South Pacific/SE Asia. As luggage and weight are an issue I wouyld like to take a single decent fieldguide to the marine fauna of the region. Whilest I would love to have the Cephalopod + Nudibranch + reef fish + crusteacean, etc world guides with me that would rather blow out my luggage allocation (and probably my back too!).

So, I'm turning to the community for suggestions - something relatively comprehensive and usable - i.e. not just pretty pictures but actually useful for id and accurate.

I was looking at Allen and Steene's "Indo-Pacific Coral Reef Field Guide". Does anyone have any experience with this book. I'll have to order on-line so I can't physically compare them unfortunately.

Thanks,
Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back