Steve's Freezer

NickA5582 said:
I vote for the thing that looks like a Jennio turkey.

:shock: A what turkey?

The next parcels to be opened (this week) are numbers 1 (polystyrene box) and a polystyrene box, just visible between parcels 3 and 4 (without a number). See thread 'cephalopod beaks from whale stomachs' on the Physiology and Biology forum.

It will take a few months to process these, but what we'll try and do during the process is another online article on identification of squid and octopus beaks, and also provide an insight into the biology of the predatory whale species.

When we get the images back online you'll understand. Unfortunately my freezer has been taken over by Matt & TPOTH ... and I can't find a single thing in there - it's all buried beneath tons of fish (I tried to find something last week, but gave up). "Steve's Freezer" should now be referred to as "Fisho's repository of filthy fish". :sad:

Unfortunately the original image is missing... I gotta dig through and find it, and embed it in the seed note here... Meanwhile... is anything left in the freezer Dr. Steve?

3 was winning anyways, so might as well see it through. I doubt, though, that with the recent rearrangements and impending CIAC conference that there's much hope of seeing anything out of the freezer for a while (that is assuming any cephs can be found amongst all the frozen rat tails that SOMEBODY has left!) Hehehe.

Cheers!

(An explanation: This poll just showed up randomly when I first logged onto TONMO.com this afternoon. Thought it was a new poll and got all excited. Turned out to be an old one, but oh well! Still fun!)

The rattails are gone...

The contents of Steve's freezer are now covered by lots of other fish.

Working on deep-sea sharks at present, and apart from the squalene oil (which just gets on everything regardless) it's very satisfiying.

There is a ceph. angle, squid are eaten by some species.

main_board said:
sounds cool matt! Where'd you get the sharks from, and is it gut content or what that you're looking at this time?

Cheers!

Same place as the rats - doing more gut content work. So far I've done ~60 sharks and it will be closer to 100 by the time I've finished them off. I should have some really cool data at the end of it, if what I've got so far is anything to go by.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back