Steve's Freezer

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Steve has offered to reveal to us the contents of his freezer, with all manner of interesting teuthids to be unveiled. But which frozen package should he reveal first?

Time to vote for your choice........

freezer_190.jpg

(Does this win the prize for being the most pointless poll ever posted on TONMO?)

Phil, I was interested in package number 1 because it is small, but there's more to this than what we want Steve to open. What are the odds on his opening each package and when? I'll wager one tentacle :tentacle: that package 3 will be first, but not before June. Tentacles may be exchanged for pints :beer: at the pub nearest TONMOcon.

Melissa

Just FYI, bag 2 is the one I MOST want to defrost, but it involves the greatest amount of work (there's the start of a thesis in that bag). We'll set up a separate thread on R & D to discuss its contents (of which there are many).

Another 2 bags therein, beneath everything, another mystery squid and a thing we'll call 'Mastigoteuthis cordiformis', will also be defrosted next week. We'll discuss the contents of these on the 'Is this the real Magnapinna' thread.

Believe it or not, there's actually an Architeuthis in that freezer too, and I'm tossing up whether we pull that out also. It'll be a busy week.

Re: Steve's Freezer

HI,
I vote for pack #3.
Alejandro

Phil said:
Steve has offered to reveal to us the contents of his freezer, with all manner of interesting teuthids to be unveiled. But which frozen package should he reveal first?

Time to vote for your choice........

freezer_190.jpg

(Does this win the prize for being the most pointless poll ever posted on TONMO?)

..... and the Architeuthis came from the stomach contents of a blue shark, from bag # 2.

I'm off home to celebrate (in ~ 5 hrs :? ) with a glass of fine red. I've been looking for this puppy for many years, and now we know a different time and place where we can find it!

Any shark experts online that want to help get to the bottom of this, as in blue shark behaviour?

while im deifinitely interested, ill have to steal clem's lime in calling myself a rank amatuer.....

besides clem is noticibly easier to spell......

but if i remember, blues arent exactly solitary....

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back