Steve's freezer

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
..... no, this is not an invitation to post pictures of your freezer (or frost-bitten feet).

I'm going to torment you .... within this freezer is some pretty sensational stuff .... as in only known specimens of a few things, and some otherwise pretty neat material (a few press releases at least). We'll haul a little bit out of it every couple of weeks. At an offsite facility we keep the really big things (freezers, refrigerated transport, and offsite refrigerated facilities cost me an annual fortune - ~ $6000!).

If you're sitting there bored one day, and we haven't posted anything new for a while, tell me to go to the freezer and we'll see what we can find.
Cheers
:oshea:

download.php

download.php

Go to the freezer! Go to the freezer! :smile:

Curious, how long can you keep things "good" in there for? I mean, when I throw some steak in my freezer, I believe it can only stay in there for a certain period before it goes bad (I'm not sure how long that is, I usually eat it pretty fast :smile: ) Something like 6 months?

Also, what if you have a power outage, heaven forbid? You have a generator on that thing?

"Don't let your true love run cold, baby."
-- Stevie Ray Vaughn

Patience is my middle name; I don't have to eat this stuff you know.

There's something rather neat in a polystyrene box in that freezer that's been frozen since 1998 .... I only picked it up last week mind you .... but it's probably one of the most priceless possessions in there (and it will be alright for a few more years).

:cthulhu:

Do you ever use a -80??? I had some of my stuff in there, but needed the ol' asbestos (or some politically correct stuff) gloves to get anything out! Made it difficult to rake round in it to see what was there!

J

Steve O'Shea said:
There's something rather neat in a polystyrene box in that freezer that's been frozen since 1998 .... I only picked it up last week mind you .... but it's probably one of the most priceless possessions in there (and it will be alright for a few more years).

Neil Diamond's toenail clippings?

:goofysca:

TaningiaDanae said:
Steve O'Shea said:

Neil Diamond's toenail clippings?

:goofysca:

:roflmao:

Dr. Steve O'Shea, toethologist. :roll:

Wow, that looked like a frozen mammoth...

Or maybe it was The Thing (little nod to John Carpenter).

Or maybe you found remains of the Elder Things.. :cthulhu:

Or maybe some of those ice worms from the X-Files...

Hmmm....

Or maybe its Sushi and Sake!

John

Trying the psychic influence here........

"Steve..go to the freezer...Steve..go to the freezer....Steve..go to the freezer...Steve..go to the freezer...Steve..go to the freezer...Steve..go to the freezer...Steve..go to the freezer...Steve..go to the freezer...Steve..go to the freezer"

Mine has some sort of unidentifiable prehistoric ooze in it :shock: ...oh and dog food :yuck:

J

My freezer is empty. :cry:

For the love of God, Steve, please show us some of that "pretty neat material" sometime soon. You're killing us.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

:frown: (is there an 'abject supplication' emoticon?)

"Sometimes I get tired of the waiting"
-- Pink Floyd

mine contains coconut shrimp, popsicles, veggie burgers and a chilled bottle of vodka. not a ceph in site unless my roommate has been sneaking in calamari!

One for the Freezer

Posted: Oct 13, 2003 at 9: Post subject: Silly Question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read a story once when I was kid.

These two boys get the idea to prepare a "gourmet" dinner for their parents and for some reason they pick up a frozen octopus.

They get that they need to thaw it out first. They go watch tv for a while, go back in the kitchen and it's moving around on the counter, it's eyes watching every move they make.

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that this bizarre episode is what first interested me in the octopus and it took all this time and TONMO to satisfy a curiosity I'd forgotten about until now.

So, freezer Steve. Is this crazy event possible?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back