Sterling silver pendant

haggs

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I recently saw a octopus necklace and that it was rather neat, so I decided to make one for my wife. It turned out "ok" but I have a revised plan under way and it will have a pair of faceted stones set into the silver.

Here's a picture of the one I just finished, it's made out of sterling silver and each of the "suckers" are cut from .8 wire, melted into a ball and them hammered to flatten the surface and then silver soldered onto the body likewise the eyes.

Attachments

• conv_303566.jpg
    conv_303566.jpg
    636.7 KB · Views: 68
Cute! I have never attempted metal working or excuse my ignorance. Is the body from a sheet that you cut out with a skill saw or scissors? Faceted stones in the suckers would be REALLY special :sagrin:

The body is cut out of sheet silver, it's cut with a small hand saw with very fine teeth. The amount of time it would take me to cut all those stones and then make the settings .... you wouldn't see or hear from me for years...haha.

I have a friend who buys them already cut from ebay cheaper than I can do them for, I might pay him a visit. It would still take a fair lenght of time to set them all though.

You need to consider how to get light under them to make the stones worth the effort. The silver octo anniversary ring I got last year is wonderful but the small stone is almost not visible because no light can get underneath it. I just love making suggestions (as long as I don't have to do the work):sagrin:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back