Startling History of the USS Miskatonic

Regarding the query involving submarine vessels:
A friend of mine in the navy sent me this pic this morning, taken from a Walrus seaplane of the Tindalos surfaced for supplies and fuel, near an odd monolith connected to some sort of underwater construction that looks like it is massive ! He doesn't know exactly where the pic was taken, but it does appear to be on the last patrol of the sub, as it was stuffed in a folder from 1941, the year the Tindalos was lost, presumably to enemy action.
Hopefully, more info will be forthcoming !
greg
download.php

Found a very nice set of etchings, somewhat faded, of the original Miskatonic in 1842, along with her sister ships, the frigates United States, Chesapeake, and Constellation... from what I have found out so far, it seems that the ship Miskatonic was decommissioned in 1871 and used by several universities as a supply and protection barque...this is obviously why Lovecraft writes of it accompanying the Arkham expediton in 1930 to the outer rim of the Antartic circle.
Along with the etchings was a fairly good photo of some of the officers on landfall, as they take on supplies on one of the Shetland Islands !
greg
download.php

download.php

StudioDino:

That is wild -- I found a similar drawing among Grammy's stuff!

What hospital do you think Maria got it from -- has to be Arkham?

=( )=
///||\\\

For weeks I have been struggling within myself whether to post the back of this piece of paper as requested. From the day this script was found I been restless in spirit. At first, I was not sure if it was the results of my nagging wife or stress at work, but my guess is there is something unsettlingly afoot here. What is it I’m not sure. There is something about this diagram that silently speaks of blasphemy. Perhaps I’m being too dramatic about the whole thing. Thoughts? :goofysca:

OctoPussyAZ: I'm not sure the name of the hospital that my relative used to work for-- but the name sounds familiar.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back