Starting a ceph business

Howdy all,

I've decided to start a business and am steping up my ceph culturing. As of right now here is a list of species I'm looking into keeping. Please let me know what you are most interested in keeping in the future so I can try to focus on those animals. I will not be able to start selling animals until I get back from Australia at the end of June.

Wild caught
bimaculoides
bimaculatus
rubescens
aculeatus
blue rings (only for researchers)
possibly zebra octopus but only for researchers
nautilus
There are some other Indo-Pacific species that I working on getting

I will be trying to culture as many species as I can but right now only have bimaculoides

Thanks

In a wishlist scenario, I think Sepia would be good; there certainly seems to be a demand for bandensis and maybe officinalis as well.

Pragmatically, I'd love to get a bimac from you eventually, but I need to learn the "hands on" of tank maintenance first. But I might be a local customer in the next year or so...

I have some Bandensis eggs and hatchlings right now so I should have some ready to sale in June. I can get S. officinalis eggs in the Spring/Early Summer but I do not have the space to raise them. So, if someone wanted them they would have to get a lot ~100 eggs or get several people to go in on an order.

O. wolfi wound be nice but it might be hard to get, I'll see what I can do but it would be a long shot.

Also, I'm working on getting metasepia but it may be a long process.

I would be interested in owning an A. aculeatus and an O. rubescens at some point.

The silver lining to these animals' short lifespans is it gives us the opportunity to keep a number of different species.

Dan

Definitely interested in a naut but would need a small one if I got one this year. I have a sump on my abdonminalis tank that would house one and a somewhat larger tank (35 gallon) that I could swap out with the sump tank if need be.

The rubescens/aculeatus are awfully tempting but a lot depends upon how well we do with our five merc babies. If they survive, I won't have an octo tank available and the new one we are planning will be for cuttles.

I really hope this works out! If you are looking for a part time, inexpensive webmaster PM me :sagrin: .

I'm about to set up a pre-drilled 60 gallon cube and it's going to be a dedicated octopus tank. So I can say I will be another seasonal customer. Plus my girlfriend is taking over my established 75 gallon and wants to keep some Bandensis.

How much will you sell some cuttle eggs/hatchlings for?

Animal Mother;93600 said:
I'm about to set up a pre-drilled 60 gallon cube and it's going to be a dedicated octopus tank. So I can say I will be another seasonal customer. Plus my girlfriend is taking over my established 75 gallon and wants to keep some Bandensis.

How much will you sell some cuttle eggs/hatchlings for?

I have not decided on prices yet I'm still looking into cost of food etc.

Officianalis!!

Marinebio-Id be interested in some officianalis eggs. How much and how many is the minimum required?

Perhaps we can gather a group together..

Heres a video of my last one! Much more personable then Bandensis =)

Paradox;93609 said:
Officianalis!!

Marinebio-Id be interested in some officianalis eggs. How much and how many is the minimum required?

Perhaps we can gather a group together..

Heres a video of my last one! Much more personable then Bandensis =)

I'm not sure on what the price would be it depends on the shipping from the UK, I would think it would be around $5-10 an egg. The minimal order will probably be around 50-100 eggs. However I'm still working on the permits I would need to import them and I do not know if I will have them but the end of there egg laying season. I'll see what I can do

I would seriously be interested in looking into tank size requirements, etc. on S. officianalis. Bandensis and Bimacs would be my next choices.

Just to be sure I didn't misunderstand, you are looking to eventually try to raise these species yourself, as opposed to continual wild-caught, right?

More power to you!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back