Squiggly update

Chameleon

Cuttlefish
Registered
Well the little porker by the name of Squiggly looks to me as the food god now, he definitely can eat. Lately he hasnt come out though to interact with me rather he has been dragging the small clam shells and small pieces of rock into his little cave as decorations. I did decide to use the algea magnet last night and to my surprise it didnt scare him but rather it intrigued him so he came out to play with it. I guess now it is just a matter of time until I go from the food god to the food god thats a toy also. Any suggestions as to what kind of toys I can put into his tank would be greatly appreciated, seeing as I feel he doesnt have enough to do. Today day 7 Squiggly seems to be in an over zealous playful mood he refused my piece of scallop today instead he played with the feeding stick and would grab the scallop of the end and then blow it away he did this approximatly 8 times before i decided to give up on the scallop and try a fiddler crab no results so I placed a hermit crab by him and he is blowing that away too. He did eat plenty of baby clams over the past few days so I am not worried about his food intake.

Hi Chameleon,

Glad Squiggly is getting along so well!

Interacting with you is probably the most entertaining thing Squiggly has to do. One bimac owner used a stick to skip little shells along the sand, for the baby bimac to chase. Squiggly might like shells, maybe a marble - you'll just have to see. Since octis have different personalities, they also seem to have different tastes and preferences!

For instance, I was convinced that young Ollie would like to crawl into barnacles because I had heard of other octopuses doing that - but he showed no interest at all as a young bimac. But when he grew up, then he seized individual barnacles and carried them to his den where they became "furniture", as far as I can tell. So you never know!

Maybe some of our other bimac owners have more suggestions.

Nancy

I've experimented with lots of toys in the tank, Pudge played with each one for a week or two, now he plays with the damsels, the cleaner magnet, and now fiddler crabs (he had his first last night, nearly lost a tentacle attacking it. Like Nancy said, it all depends on your octo's personality. The toys that I had in my tank where marbles, legos, and game pieces, which Pudge tryed to eat.

I tried 1/2 of one of the clear plastic eggs you get out of a machine with Lil Pumpkin yesterday. First time I've really messed with him! He was fascinated with it, first felt it up and then plastered himself to it. I put a hermit crab in it without the top and he figured out really quick how to go in and get it! Next time will have to put the top on and see what happens!

Carol

corw314 said:
I tried 1/2 of one of the clear plastic eggs you get out of a machine with Lil Pumpkin yesterday. First time I've really messed with him! He was fascinated with it, first felt it up and then plastered himself to it. I put a hermit crab in it without the top and he figured out really quick how to go in and get it! Next time will have to put the top on and see what happens!

Carol

I've tried putting Pudge's food in an egg, he had absolutely no idea what to do, he just kept crawling on it so I had to open it for him.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back