SQUIDCAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
She be live!

There's still explanatory text required on the website; persevere with us for a wee while.

http://www.thesciencesite.info/

Click on the squid, or better still, the little text underneath that says 'continue', and you'll find the good-old TONMO logo there for all to see ...

very cool steve!

I also see some huge potential for the odd wee joke moment :wink:

Awww heck. Of course, I need to get new software to run the program...aaaarrrggg...
It must be great! Congrats Dr SOS !!!

I'll need the new software myself, but the stills look marvelous! 8)

Best of luck with this :smile:

--Carl
per126.gif

WOW...what kinda computer is that?! a live web-cam with controls, and usable by everyone who wants to...oh, and did I mention LIVE?! Sheesh, yer comp must be about to have a meltdown...talk about HIGH server load...

You should put a paypal donation icon on the squidcam website, Dr. O'Shea; I think this is sure to spark interest in your endeavor, and you could capitalize on it to help reduce costs.

-Brandon

You can actually see the embryos in the lower clumps of eggs - two faint/black eyespots and a ghostly shape of the little fellas inside!

Charging people? Hmmmmm. It would certainly help with operational costs, but I'd rather have a heart attack trying to raise monies elsewhere than deny people access to something like this.

When they hatch (a couple of days), and start to grow (~ 20 days into it) you'll be able to track the little cherubs quite easily. It'll be cool.

Steve O'Shea said:
Charging people? Hmmmmm. It would certainly help with operational costs, but I'd rather have a heart attack trying to raise monies elsewhere than deny people access to something like this.

I meant as an optional donation. I think people would be interested in helping make tank-grown giant squid a reality, and it would be rewarding to see the baby squid thriving after having helped pay for operational costs. Hell, you're guarenteed at least a few donors from Tonmo fanatics like myself.

Steve O'Shea said:
When they hatch (a couple of days)...

The vigil begins. :shock:

-Brandon

Steve O'Shea said:

I don't think he meant that you would actually charge people, just put out a hat in case they want to tip you for the great entertainment.

Umm, yeah, like he said.....

Hmmmmmm, an 'adopt a squid' type programme?

I'll do some thinking.

Those embryos in the lower egg mass are getting extremely close to hatching!!! You can see myriad little black eyes staring at you ... do a CU

BTW, if you want a chance to see these things hatching, you'd be best to check it out ~ 0700hrs NZST; be looking at the lower egg capsules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back