SQUIDCAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
CapnNemo said:
Excuse my ignorance, are they Archi?

Afraid not; good-old broad squid (Sepioteuthis australis) again. Sounds silly, but everyone is a little nervous this time around, despite having done it before on quite a few occasions (poor 'squidvicious' is going to grey in 3 weeks, because his thesis depends on these little brutes surviving).

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Great news!! Might we close this thread, and open a new one to commence phase 2? A "Squid Cam II" thread, perhaps?

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
I thought about that Tony (it also overcomes the problem of missing images in the first part of this thread).

Consider it done when it's up and running.
Cheers
O

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
There's a slight holdup with getting the new SQUIDCAM operational, because it has been moved from an 'office environment' to a wet laboratory (and obvious apprehension on the part of IT to have this equipment surrounded by salt creep and water).

There are about 14 x 1-5-day old squid in the tank at present, and they are doing well. Whether this goes online next week (when we are gone at a conference) or not waits to be seen, but it is imminent. I am closing this thread and starting a new one, SQUIDCAM II, for further updates. Cheers.
Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts