SQUIDCAM II

Sorry - last week is one I chose to forget! It'll happen this week, and soon.

Yeah I have seen one - he's getting quite big now.

squidcam.jpg

Took this just now. :biggrin2: , he tends to hover at the top - often out of camera range. He does a weird backward/ forward action, kinda like a pendulum.

chrono_war01 said:
There's a tear in the black cloth thing and I can't see any squids!
Anyone seen the squids in the tank?

Oooops; will just go fix it now; thanks

I always wondered if you could see people walking around....
steveo.jpg

haha, I saw a massive dark shape go past the camera while I was zoomed in - I was trying to figure out if there was a huge fish in there or something. :biggrin2:

:tomato:

Feelers, that is
so not
fair!!! Over the years that we've had SQUIDCAM operating, not once has anyone captured me doing a feed or maintenance work on the camera/tank; you're the first! Maybe I could do a regular act?

Yup, Eric, me in person:smile:

Well, finally something interesting happened in the tank (that sole squid was looking a little lonely). Shortly I'll have to flood the SQUIDCAM tank with even more squid, as we clean out another tank here (there are quite a few squid here), but it will be a temporary solution.

The problem with the lighting in the tank has to be fixed, yet again; someone has flogged one of the covers that shields the light (as happens). I've also got to do a thorough clean in this tank as the walls are actually covered in algae (you can't see it through the lens, but it does make the tank look cloudy, and picture quality is reduced).

It'll look better in a week or so ......

Attachments

• conv_288670.jpg
    conv_288670.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 108
  • conv_288671.jpg
    conv_288671.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 107
  • conv_288672.jpg
    conv_288672.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 104
Forgotten, T; I cannot even remember what happened to the previous lot - I think there was an accident with concrete dust, or some such thing at some point in time.

hmmm... I said "your fix are looking good", I meant "your five are looking good..."

Shouldn't post after coming home from a neighborhood party...
:wine:

So whats the deal with keeping squid? After you have a large circular tank - what other special requirements are there?
Do you have a massive protein skimmer and chiller? I suppose getting appropriate food might be the biggest problem?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back