Squid Embryos Photo

From Princeton's Art of Science 2009, first place goes to.... ta-DAHHH! A Microphotograph of Squid Embryos!! The picture was taken by Celeste Nelson (faculty), Department of Chemical Engineering:
"My tissue morphodynamics laboratory studies the dynamic processes that control tissue development. This image of squid (Loligo pealeii) embryos was taken using bright field microscopy." Quote from contest website, see link below.

1182-500.jpg

Top contest entrants here: http://www.princeton.edu/artofscience/2009/

No! I wish... According to the website,
"Celeste Nelson (faculty)
Department of Chemical Engineering
My tissue morphodynamics laboratory studies the dynamic processes that control tissue development. This image of squid (Loligo pealeii) embryos was taken using bright field microscopy."

My photos tend to be of the terrestrial variety...

Cute little frogs. I have always wanted a sloth (or at least thought they would be an interesting pet IF they could be kept as one) but have never seen one that looked as playful as your zoo photo.

mmmccrthy3000;137314 said:
No! I wish... According to the website,
"Celeste Nelson (faculty)
Department of Chemical Engineering
My tissue morphodynamics laboratory studies the dynamic processes that control tissue development. This image of squid (Loligo pealeii) embryos was taken using bright field microscopy."

My photos tend to be of the terrestrial variety...

Your picture's are great what kinda camera do you use?

lance

As I mentioned before, it's not only the camera. If you know how to use a camera manually it makes alot of difference, personally I like Canon and have been looking at the new G11 to replace my A75 when it dies. There are lot of things to consider, what do want from the camera and what are you going to do with the photos, size, weight and frequency of use and how much you are willing to spend.

Hello!
I've had the priviledge to see squid embryos in first hand, I've seen Loligo vulgaris embryos and they look just like those... So cute
Soon they'll gain colour and their cromatophores will start pulsing... Amazing...
Did you know that they move (rotate) inside the egg from the first day? I was look at the microscope and all of the "spheres" (they're nor exactly spherical, more elliptical) were rotating, obviously slow, but it was adorable

K

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back