SQUID EGGS?!?!?

sedna

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
No, I didn't buy any. But as you're all getting used to reading, "My LFS has (insert something cool) for sale..."

So really, what is the likelihood that they are actually squid eggs? If they are, could they be anything that is tank safe? All they could tell me is that they are from the Pacific. More than anything I'm curious as to what they are, but that empty 55 gal is waiting for something GOOD.

The same store had 3 S. bandesis eggs which hatched out yesterday. 2 of the 3 were alive today, of course they didn't know what to do next. Luckily I was able to come home and check TONMO journals for advice!

Attachments

• conv_303546.jpg
    conv_303546.jpg
    772 KB · Views: 147
  • conv_303547.jpg
    conv_303547.jpg
    580.5 KB · Views: 181
  • conv_303548.jpg
    conv_303548.jpg
    662.2 KB · Views: 122
dwhatley;133877 said:
Thales,
Is there a chance Paradox's broad club's size will stay contained to the size of the tank since it was tank hatched? This info may be posted somewhere but I don't recall another thread on larger cuttles that were tank hatched.

I doubt it. The idea that fish only grow to the size of their tanks is bunk, unless you count being stunted as a good thing. :biggrin2:

While I have your attention, Richard, any clue on problems with a mandarin and cuttles? Harry has been with about 3 years now and I won't risk him but was curious. It appears our trigger fish has left us and the 140 should work well for a few bandensis (but I wish it would work for a larger cuttle).

No clue. I would expect the standard to hold true - its fine till its not.

Upvote 0
Here's the link to the "white cuttlefish egg" that Paradox found. I think Thales mentioned having one as well but from the above note, I am thinking it may not have hatched? There are some really good pictures in the thread but I don't know how many look the same at this stage.

Upvote 0
Thales;133879 said:
If they hatch and eat I would be interested. :smile:

I don't want them but I'm interested and close enough to keep stop in the LFS often and see how they do. If you have actual food recomendations I'll pass them on, the guys need help on that end!

Upvote 0
My LFS has 2 "squid" eggs that look just like the one's pictured here. I've been prep'ing for bandensis but I may pick these guys up and see what they are. After reading Paradox's thread about the white cuttle eggs, this could turn out pretty cool.

Upvote 0
The eggs that stayed at the LFS didn't amount to anything- but it's because they don't know how to care for them. I think one hatched out and was big but died, and the others seemed to have melted to goo. The one that had hatched out was big compared to bandensis!

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back