squid dissection

squidboymom

Blue Ring
Registered
We had our first squid dissecting session this morning...before breakfast! Roy and Clara had a blast...she even found two females with immature eggs...very cool. Just got frozen bait squid from Wal-Mart. Have a feeling this might be a regular Saturday morning tradition! Roy is drawing diagrams as he goes along, so all is being recorded. Chromataphores were beautiful, and it was really neat to see all the parts up close. The beaks were so small! It really puts into perspective how big the giant squid beaks are!

Sounds like you had a great time! I wish our students could see that your Roy (age 8????)is doing drawings as he goes along, the amount of moaning and groaning we get when we tell them to draw their specimen is ridiculous! Tell Roy & Clara they're doing really well!

Yes, farm life takes a strong stomach! Maybe that's why squid smell at breakfast time doesn't bother me too much. They had such a good time. Now he's going back to school tomorrow...with tales of squishy squid to tell.

Jean;176703 said:
I wish our students could see that your Roy (age 8????)is doing drawings as he goes along, the amount of moaning and groaning we get when we tell them to draw their specimen is ridiculous!
provide them with the example of the 8-year-old boy drawing better than them:mrgreen:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back