• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Squid care

Russ84

Hatchling
Registered
hello everyone i am not sure if this is the right place to post this but i intend on keeping 3 or so small squid in captivity but can not find any infomation on the internet. i have read all of the articles on cuttlefish and i am guessing the care would be quite similar.

any squid specific info would be much appreciated
thanks
Russ

hello russ,

as I know squid need very large tanks because they are swimming hunters, more than cuttlefish. In hollydas at eagypt I saw some kind of small squid thats fit into a 150-200g tank. A very nice and small squid, displays crazy colors around its body but i don't know where you can source something like that.
Here at germany its very hard to get cuttles or octos, but squid? Thats something the shops never deal with.

:welcome: There's not really a specific squid place, since they're very hard to keep... you may want to look at the cuttlefish care section, and the bobtail experiences people have mentioned, and maybe the old threads on the squidcam.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back