Spectre has arrived!!

PB240272.jpg

PB250272.jpg

More pics to come!!! He inked when I was trying to get him out of the jar but it cleared up quick. Otherwise everything is going smooth!!! They even threw in 4 emerald crabs with him :]

All I know is that it's a tropical octopus :P I got it from islandmarinelife on ebay. They don't have them listed but sometimes they can get them in!

I'm praying that its not vulgaris

His head is about the size of a golf ball. The arms are really long compared to it, so it makes me think that its briareus - which is exactly what I wanted!

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
:welcome: Spectre!

The color is very briareus typical, but that's hard to judge. Does it have a lot of webbing?

First thing I thought when I saw it was Briareus and had to re-read your post a couple times to make sure you didn't post that it was a Briarus, I would eat my hat if it wasn't...

monty;128429 said:
Does it have a lot of webbing?

I haven't seen him really out in the open at all yet :P I hope to get more pictures in the next week or two and share some stories with you guys!!

As luck would have it, 6 hours after I get the guy my overflow box stops taking in water and my main tank starts to overflow. Long story short I ripped the overflow box off and am going to build my own out of PVC tubing tonight! I hope the poor guy doesn't get too stressed from all of this.. worst time for it to happen!

Latest Posts