• You are viewing our Exotics and Rare Species forum. Please review our Forum Guidelines and Cephalopod Care Ethics Statement to ensure you are appraised of the dangers and considerations related to pursuing exotics and rare species as an aquarist. Threads in this forum are not featured on our homepage.
  • Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crytpo!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.

Sources for Blue Rings

varez

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I am looking to get another blue ring, please dont rant...

i have owned bali, common, and blue rings for a while now and my blue ring past a month ago after 11 months! so, im looking to buy a new one, i am very experienced in these octopi and dearly request one! please guy, help me out!

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Eleven months for a blue ring is very good. If you do a google search, or contact your local fish supplier, you should be able to obtain one easily, though it may be June before they start to arrive.

Of course, I don't really agree with importing animals that are basically unsustainable in the aquarium trade. Have you thought that maybe a captive raised bimac might be better?

varez

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
hey

i have a bimac, wanted in my other octo tank a blue ring or zebra octo (O. chierchiae) but can not find any blue rings in stock online and can not find the zebra ANYWHERE.

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Your local aquarium store would be your best bet for blue rings. They are rarely sold online, but your LFS should be able to order one for you.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Greg,
At least this year, they are in dangerous over abundance on the beaches and seem to be a growing concern from what I recently read ...