• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

some questions that I have.

I'm getting my new octo in about 1-2 months and I've been stumped on some questions:
1. What the best species/easiest species to get?
2. what should I name it?

A. Mini Me
B. Mr. Chuc Chuc Chee(My Mom came up with that name)
C. Number II

3. I saw a Blue Ring in my local pet store(no I'm NOT tempted to buy it, way to dangerous) What should I do? :|

#1. Octopus bimaculoides, you can get it from www.octopets.com , but the octo may not make the trip, since your in Maine and Octopets is in California.

#2. I don't know, Mr. Chuc Chuc Chee is probably the most original name out of the three.

#3. Are the employees harming it in any way? I'd leave it there.

Ceph Roy said:
I'm getting my new octo in about 1-2 months

You may want to wait longer since we recommend three months for cycling the tank; unless your tank has been cycling for a while already.

:smile:

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Weird that a pet store would have a blue ring...they usually only order them in on a customer's request. I wouldn't worry about anyone being bitten...despite rumours to the contrary, they really aren't that aggressive.
Maybe one of the employees will take it home...?
I would certainly recommend a bimac from octopets...they have a 100% positive rating here !
Good call on the cycling...yeah, you want a tank that is perfect before putting in an octo!
Luck!
greg

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
So, now the EightLeggedFreak has an EightArmedFriend???

:mrgreen:

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
50 gal is the recommended tank size for a bimac, now all you have to do is finish cycling the water and you're all set for a bimac :smile: