• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

soft corals safe for octo

i wasn't offended at all and it wasn't a big deal. i just wanted constructive advise rather than reading how poor my setup design was. things taken into consideration, i talked to lfs and delayed my order. it was supposed to arrive tomorrow, although it was not on their invoice for tomorrow's delivery. i had prepaid for blue ring, but after talking with store owner, we decided that we'll wait till setup is done correctly. so, i have a 40g that was setup for freshwater lying around and i could put some work into that and octo proof it....

or i can design my own acrylic tank and have another lfs guy make it for me (unless anyone here can design and manufacture one, maybe with a little know how on preventing octo escapery). if i go this route, then i can have main tank in the 20-30g range, maybe have an overflow into a rear chamber that has tubing to a seperate sump/refugium. then, have the top completely sealed except for a small cutout with a lid that could be locked into place.

i am not the diy type, so if anyone has ideas, cunstruction plans etc....i would be more than willing to heed advise.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back