• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

So I just had to catch my Octopus from under the bed....

I just got home from the gym and walked into my room and I noticed some dried water marks on the side of the tank. I just cleaned it this morning and thought that was strange. I did a quick check in all the spots and noticed that the octopus was missing. Then I noticed the lid of the tank pushed up about a 1/2 inch, even though it fits very tight and had a wooden chinese stool sitting on top of it!!

After frantically looking around and checking the cats, my girlfriend spotted him by the bed curled up. It took me a bit to grab him (with a coffee maker) and put him back in. He inked a lot and was covered with hair and holding a quarter, but he seems alright now..

It was a big scare and made me realise I need to secure the tank a lot more and vacuum my floor! The guy must be really strong though to do what he did. Maybe I should stop feeding him crabs in little containers because hes getting too smart!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back