Snowball (hummelincki?)

Dobrzemetal

Cuttlefish
Registered
I got him from a local member, Greeleeman. Sadly, this is the only one he had and he was looking to find him a new home due to him moving. I do think we will get along nicely, as he seems to be a real joker. He has acted funny when he was showing his discontent for the shimp I offered him, throwing it around. That sucks your tank is bare, but I hear this is a hard time of the year to find them, I just got really lucky I guess.

I think in the second picture you can see the blue ring. So i think snowball is a hummelinki. I will let the pros confirm though.

Just curious do you guys get any good tide pools in florida? If so have you ever gone tide pooling for any octos?

Dobrzemetal

Cuttlefish
Registered
Yeah, I have never gone tide pool hunting but I really want to go one day. I was thinking how big do hummelinckis grow to be? I have it in a 55gallon, right now he seems very small.

Tommycs

Wonderpus
Registered
He/She will grow to fit your tank pretty well, there shouldn't be any problems with tank size. D will surely step in and talk about size.

Dobrzemetal

Cuttlefish
Registered
Well, I just couldn't resist taking a picture of him, He is so cool! He even used the den I made for him out of a plant pot (got the idea from nancy and colins book)

EYE.jpg

Tommycs

Wonderpus
Registered
That's cool, but there is a good chance he/she will move it's den around 2 or three times during the first few weeks.