• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Smallest available octo/cuttle

I'm a college student. I have a small tank I can use to keep an octo or cuttlefish, as I can't afford a large one. Smaller animal means it eats less, which makes perfect sense on by student budget. What are the smallest available octos/cuttlefish that do well in a controlled captive invironment?

either a sepia bandensis cuttlefish, or a guess a pigmy octo, although i would not fully reccomend the later in that they like to bite. if you are looking for the easier of the two, octos or cuttles, i would go with an octo first. mainly because they are easier to get, less tempermental in some instences, and more is known about them in the aquarium.

now on the otherhand i have a cuttlefish and love him very much, but he costs me around 25 bux a week for live food that he needs.

mr_goodbomb said:
I'm a college student. I have a small tank I can use to keep an octo or cuttlefish, as I can't afford a large one. Smaller animal means it eats less, which makes perfect sense on by student budget. What are the smallest available octos/cuttlefish that do well in a controlled captive invironment?

errrrr how small a tank are we talking about?

and has it ever had copper in it (even trace from medications)? cos if it has then it can't be used for cephs as the copper will kill them :sad:

J

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back