• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Small Cuttles or Octopus to keep?

chrshlst

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Hi all! I just set up a 30 gallon tank for a bimac octopus with a fluval 204 filter and everything else. However, I'm debating on cuttles. I really, really, really, really want a small cuttlefish that can be kept in such a small aquarium(I wouldn't keep them with the octopus...I would get them instead). Are there any? If so, where can I purchase them? I've looked at about 100 marine sites, and so far I've come up with kazoink! Isn't the atlantic cuttlefish like 2 inches, or something? Anyway, I need to order them through the mail since I live in Iowa. Can't quite catch them one afternoon at the beach! :bonk: Thanks for all of your help! It's greatly appreciated!

I got bad news for ya'. There are currently no known cuttlefish species native to US waters so catching one on your own is definitely not an option.

TONMO.com member Righty has bred sepia. Bandensis and is offering babies for sale, they're pretty small and should do well in a 30gal tank. You could try to PM him for more details. Seems like I can't post a pic now that the attachment limit is 500kb

The NRCC also breeds a few species of cuttles, octopusses,squids and sepiola. They will ship but only to places like schools, universities for research, you could try ordering through a school or uni, then collect it from the campus. :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back