Shrimp pics

Cool do that! And bye the way I knew u were talking bout' species its just that those scientific names are a bit much for me..... Try words that are more on my level like... Shwimp or Octerpuss....

You have to use the species names. If you just said octopus, you'd be including so many species that you couldn't make distinctions.

So, when you come to a species name that you don't know, use Google or another search tool and look it up. There's a lot on the web about species!

Nancy

Nancy's right, to just say octo or shrimp includes too many very different animals. A scientific name is easier than a long physical description every time you want to talk about an animal. Octomush, you can learn a lot from this site. I now know more scientific names of cephalopods and what distinguishes the animals than any other family because of TONMO.

Melissa

Actually, nevermind. Some stores just slap the label "peacock mantis" or "clown mantis", so nope. NO COMMON NAMES!!!! YOU HAVE TO LEARN SCIENTIFIC NAMES. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Cephkid said:
No it aint, I'm taking latin this year, and already know 40+ words and can form sentences.

So our octos will say "Latin is hard to remember." I didn't know that Latin was still taught anywhere. Cephkid, it will serve you well. It's nice to hear that you are enjoying it. Will you get to study any languages that you can speak with anyone who isn't the pope?

Melissa

Some. Ich sprecken neicht sere gut (shlecht) doych. Only took a half-year of it. I'm mainly going to use latin in scientific: (latin) names, and latin phrases. Oh, BTW, I LIKE the "octo phrase" you've proposed. When practicing speaking it to remember, the most commonly heard phrase in the room is "MY BRAIN IS BLEEDING!!!". :P

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back