Shiva

yeah. Lunar lights rock. Theres 6 on each side of the tank in a cluster. i had to really lower the shutter speed and it's hard to focus it in the dark. i like the one night shot with the green mushroom and Shiva sticking up one tentacle particularly.

We are feeding daily and only frozen shrimp. Since she did not eat the whole piece offered yesterday, we made today's portion smaller (we actually intended to provide a live crab but forgot so we will do that tomorrow). In another week we will try stonger coaxing but right now we are pleased that she recognized feeding time and is looking for food to show up. I am a bit concerned that she does not show much curiosity though.

i found shiva had dug into the 90* of the tank. She didn't try to rid my finger off. Sound like senescence? i threw her a baby crab she immediately snatched but has yet to leave the smooth textured area.

guess it was a false alarm. He started exhibiting normal interactions. He tugged on my finger and we played a game of catch with his new favorite toy a bioball. He really enjoys that bioball... went back into the den to catch up on whatever it catches up on... crab digestion.

Chris, would you explain post #64 in old person terms please :old:

I don't think any of us will ever be comfortable about odd behavior and senescence. And, in truth, the behavior spurts may be related to aging and I just try to accept it as there is not anything we know of to do about it. I do wonder if there are discrete signs that we need to learn to modify the diet though. Roy is convinced that keeping them hungry extends longevity but I can't help but wonder if the is not more to the fantastic success he is having with his three year old bimac.

Ok. Boy what a move. It's sad seeing Kalypso's tank go. Having my behavioral scare and seeing Kalypso really gave me a good idea of what scenescence looks like and how large briareuses can get. The most notable difference besides size, is color. Actually the lack of. Kalypso didn't seem to use as many chromataphores giving her a white-grayish appearace. She wasn't agressive, more passive and less curious. Her mantle is at least 3-3.5". I'll post pictures with a more detailed story on Shiva later. I'm taking a shower... I have refugium water all over me...

I haven't posted in a while because i've been pretty occupied with school. I'll have it a little easierer for a while so I will post some pics..... soon...ish

I came home and found Shiva has died. I havent unpdated for a while and i regret keeping a more accurate record. i had however noticed some changes in behavior and eating. I have some last pics i can update with later.

I also regret that you had not been able to post as it is helpful to read signs by species and have a feel for timing. Mostly, though, I am sad that Shiva was with you for such a short time. According to Tom, the season for young briareus should be approaching if you are thinking about keeping another.

honestly changing from more to less interactive and lack of eating where two major signs. It aso appears to me though she hadn't grown since i obtained her. She looks to be the same size. i thought that was very unusual.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back