Shevia - O.hummelincki

Holy Cow! It's been over a month since I last posted! Time has been flying by! Shevia is doing AWESOME!!! She (He!) loves her new tank! We had a scare the other day since we had a big storm and lost power for over 10 hours! We had an air stone in there (which Shevia HATED) to try and keep oxygen in there! Thankfully, once the power came back on, she acted like nothing happened!! The only thing I don't like since we moved her is she is not interested in me anymore!!!! :sad: She usually moves away anytime I stick my finger or hand in there! And since her tank is MUCH bigger than it was.... I can't just follow her easily and make her touch me!! I don't have any new photos at the moment, but will hopefully soon! We are wedding planning so we have been really BUSY!!

Thanks! We are excited!! Of course, the second I posted that about her not interacting... She does! She now will come sit in my hand if I cup it against the glass! So excited! I will try and get video soon!
After feeding her tonight, I noticed a lot of "little white bugs". In doing some research, it looks like they are amphipods. I know these are good for the tank, and fish love to eat them... But, are they okay in her tank with no fish. Only her, a chocolate star, and serpent star, a hermit crab, a huge crab, and sun polyps are in there. Will they get overpopulated and start irritating her?

I have been laughed at for saying that I think they have built in Wi-Fi and do things opposite my posts just to confuse me I have threatened to post the opposite of what I want just to confuse them.:wink:

Most octos will eat the pods and you should see him scavaging around in the LR desimating your pod population. They are a plus and always a good sign in a newly established tank.

haha!! She does like to make a liar out of me!!!
Okay Good! We just got one out to take a closer look at them to make sure they weren't isopods. Pretty sure they are amphipods. I tried taking a picture, but they are too small for my camera to try and capture! We were thinking (before I knew she would eat them) about getting a wrasse or something. We had a six line in her old tank, but she ate it!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back